Conducting Successful Training Activities
Whether you are training preschoolers in the classroom or executives in the board room, here are 15 premises you might want to keep in mind the next time you're designing training activities.
1. Everybody has the capacity to learn.
2. Everybody learns at his own pace.
3. The trainee learns only when he is ready and is motivated.
4. Training must, therefore, get the trainee ready and motivated by satisfying his needs.
5. Training must, therefore, begin at the trainee's level of comprehension.
6. Begin with the simple information and progress to the complex.
7. Use mutually familiar frames of reference.
8. Make the training meaningful by systematically organizing it.
9. Provide relevant and timely supporting materials in adequate quantities.
10. Watch for and avoid trainee boredom by using variety in your activities, materials, and speaking manner.
11. Provide trainees with feedback and reinforcement about their participation.
12. Provide ample time for repetition and practice.
13. Give trainees the opportunity to adapt the training to new and different situations.
14. Reassure the trainee and use his experiences.
15. Make the training practical by developing an agenda that's practical.
Follow these premises and you'll find that your activities will become increasingly successful.
Remember: When you maximize your potential, everyone wins. When you don't, we all lose.
© Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW
PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH: This article may be republished in ezines, newsletters, and on web sites provided attribution is provided to the author, and it appears with the included copyright, resource box and live web site link. Email notice of intent to publish is appreciated but not required. Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW, Management Consultant and Trainer, conducts seminars, lectures, and writes articles on his theme: "... helping you maximize your potential." He offers management and marketing resources at www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com">http://www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com.
Nature center gives presentation on urban bears Santa Clarita Valley Signal
While bears have learned to live alongside humans, visitors to the Placerita Canyon Nature Center learned about what that coexistence entails and how people ...
A Poor Presentation Coronado Eagle and Journal
I attended the Hotel Del Presentation to Coronado Shores residents on Feb. 7. I believe the presentation fell far short of residents expectations.
Marshals Museum tax vote presentation set Heber Springs Sun-Times
The River Valley Voters meeting Monday will include a presentation from the U.S. Marshals Museum leadership team. The public is invited to hear all the points ...
TSC to Host Mr.Amigo Presentation KRGV
BROWNSVILLE- Texas Southmost College, in collaboration with the Mr. Amigo Association, will host the TSC Amigofest on Thursday, February 28, 2019, from ...
Chemung River Friends to host presentation Penn Yan Chronicle-Express
A squirrel presentation will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Feb. 18 at the Finger Lakes House, 389 W. Water St., Elmira. The program includes a PowerPoint ...
NCC hosts Naloxone presentation Pocono Record
TANNERSVILLE â€” Someone becomes addicted to prescription painkillers, whether it's an adult living with an injury or illness or a child experimenting with the ...
Presentation planned on long-term care bill South Whidbey Record
A Whidbey Island group is offering a presentation on a bill regarding long-term care, according to the Whidbey Island's Puget Sound Advocates for Retirement ...
2018 Citizen Survey Presentation Columbia Missourian
Here is the ETC Institute PowerPoint about the 2018 Columbia citizen survey, which found that 79 percent of residents are satisfied with the city's quality of life.