Conducting Successful Training Activities
Whether you are training preschoolers in the classroom or executives in the board room, here are 15 premises you might want to keep in mind the next time you're designing training activities.
1. Everybody has the capacity to learn.
2. Everybody learns at his own pace.
3. The trainee learns only when he is ready and is motivated.
4. Training must, therefore, get the trainee ready and motivated by satisfying his needs.
5. Training must, therefore, begin at the trainee's level of comprehension.
6. Begin with the simple information and progress to the complex.
7. Use mutually familiar frames of reference.
8. Make the training meaningful by systematically organizing it.
9. Provide relevant and timely supporting materials in adequate quantities.
10. Watch for and avoid trainee boredom by using variety in your activities, materials, and speaking manner.
11. Provide trainees with feedback and reinforcement about their participation.
12. Provide ample time for repetition and practice.
13. Give trainees the opportunity to adapt the training to new and different situations.
14. Reassure the trainee and use his experiences.
15. Make the training practical by developing an agenda that's practical.
Follow these premises and you'll find that your activities will become increasingly successful.
Remember: When you maximize your potential, everyone wins. When you don't, we all lose.
© Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW
PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH: This article may be republished in ezines, newsletters, and on web sites provided attribution is provided to the author, and it appears with the included copyright, resource box and live web site link. Email notice of intent to publish is appreciated but not required. Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW, Management Consultant and Trainer, conducts seminars, lectures, and writes articles on his theme: "... helping you maximize your potential." He offers management and marketing resources at www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com">http://www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com.
League of Women Voters hosting presentation Rochelle News Leader
ROCHELLE â€” Ogle County Drug Court began Aug. 1, 2009 as an effort to offer intensive services to non-violent adult felons who have been identified as having ...
CLC to host renewable energy presentation Brainerd Dispatch
The public is invited to a presentation about renewable energy noon to 1 p.m. April 24 at Central Lakes College. Chris Conry, campaign director of the ...
'Road to Yorktown' presentation - News Progress Index
PETERSBURG â€” The Historic Petersburg Foundation will host "The Road to Yorktown" on Tuesday, April 30, at 7 p.m. at the Union Train Station, 103 River ...
Climate Reality Project Presentation Santa Barbara Independent
The Climate Reality Project is a diverse group of passionate individuals who've come together to solve the greatest challenge of our time. The leaders are ...
WW&F Railway presentation at Lincoln Home Boothbay Register
All aboard at the Lincoln Home for a presentation on the history and current restoration progress of the Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington Railway on Monday, ...
Free Presentation: How to Empower Your Kids San Diego CityBEAT
Devin will share strategies for raising a child's personal optimism, responding to challenges effectively and channeling a new mindset into tangible success.
Personal Air Vehicle Presentation | Calendar Prince William Times
Mr. Matt Carstensen, a Project Manager for Aurora Flight Sciences (a Boeing Company) electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) program, will present an ...