Conducting Successful Training Activities
Whether you are training preschoolers in the classroom or executives in the board room, here are 15 premises you might want to keep in mind the next time you're designing training activities.
1. Everybody has the capacity to learn.
2. Everybody learns at his own pace.
3. The trainee learns only when he is ready and is motivated.
4. Training must, therefore, get the trainee ready and motivated by satisfying his needs.
5. Training must, therefore, begin at the trainee's level of comprehension.
6. Begin with the simple information and progress to the complex.
7. Use mutually familiar frames of reference.
8. Make the training meaningful by systematically organizing it.
9. Provide relevant and timely supporting materials in adequate quantities.
10. Watch for and avoid trainee boredom by using variety in your activities, materials, and speaking manner.
11. Provide trainees with feedback and reinforcement about their participation.
12. Provide ample time for repetition and practice.
13. Give trainees the opportunity to adapt the training to new and different situations.
14. Reassure the trainee and use his experiences.
15. Make the training practical by developing an agenda that's practical.
Follow these premises and you'll find that your activities will become increasingly successful.
Remember: When you maximize your potential, everyone wins. When you don't, we all lose.
© Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW
PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH: This article may be republished in ezines, newsletters, and on web sites provided attribution is provided to the author, and it appears with the included copyright, resource box and live web site link. Email notice of intent to publish is appreciated but not required. Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW, Management Consultant and Trainer, conducts seminars, lectures, and writes articles on his theme: "... helping you maximize your potential." He offers management and marketing resources at www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com">http://www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com.
No Shave Nov. check presentation Corning Leader
BATH - A cancer services program that provides cancer screening for men and women received a gift Thursday afternoon from the Steuben County Sheriff's ...
Audio and Photos WGN Radio - Chicago
The WGN Radio holiday tradition continues. This year, many of WGN Radio's hosts, newscasters and more gathered in our Performance Studio for a live ...
Jimmies get past Presentation College Jamestown Sun
Terrell Alfred provided the spark University of Jamestown men's basketball needed Monday night, Dec. 10, in Aberdeen, S.D.. The junior 3-point marksman ...
Mt. Washington presentation Concord Monitor
LaconiaMt. Washington presentationWhat's it like to live and work on top of Mount Washington? Find out Thursday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. as Lakes Region ...
Banyan tree presentation is Thursday Hawaii Tribune-Herald (subscription)
Jane Lasswell Hoff, author of â€śTrees of Banyan Drive,â€ť will give a presentation about the 50 historic banyan trees planted along the shoreline of Hilo Bay ...
9 Tips for Giving an Effective Presentation Technology Networks
Presenters are assigned with conveying important messages in a timely, accurate and engaging manner. Maintaining the attention and interest of the audience ...
Author to give presentation Youngstown Vindicator
Author to give presentation. CANFIELD. Author Kevin Pawlak will present â€śAntietam Endgame: September 18-20, 1862,â€ť and sign copies of his book â€śTo Hazard ...
Pearl Harbor presentation Bradenton Herald
Modesto High alums hear from a fellow grad who served in the Philippines in World War II and an Oakdale resident born in a Japanese-American internment ...
Presentation to cover Medicare changes Chico Enterprise-Record
A brief presentation on Medicare changes for 2019 will be presented 9:30 a.m. to noon Tuesday at Enloe Conference Center, 1528 Esplanade. Sponsored by ...
WBB: USF Blasts Presentation KSFY
SIOUX FALLS â€“ Junior Kaely Hummel had 18 points and led five players in double-digits as the University of Sioux Falls Women's Basketball Team (4-1) ...