Conducting Successful Training Activities
Whether you are training preschoolers in the classroom or executives in the board room, here are 15 premises you might want to keep in mind the next time you're designing training activities.
1. Everybody has the capacity to learn.
2. Everybody learns at his own pace.
3. The trainee learns only when he is ready and is motivated.
4. Training must, therefore, get the trainee ready and motivated by satisfying his needs.
5. Training must, therefore, begin at the trainee's level of comprehension.
6. Begin with the simple information and progress to the complex.
7. Use mutually familiar frames of reference.
8. Make the training meaningful by systematically organizing it.
9. Provide relevant and timely supporting materials in adequate quantities.
10. Watch for and avoid trainee boredom by using variety in your activities, materials, and speaking manner.
11. Provide trainees with feedback and reinforcement about their participation.
12. Provide ample time for repetition and practice.
13. Give trainees the opportunity to adapt the training to new and different situations.
14. Reassure the trainee and use his experiences.
15. Make the training practical by developing an agenda that's practical.
Follow these premises and you'll find that your activities will become increasingly successful.
Remember: When you maximize your potential, everyone wins. When you don't, we all lose.
© Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW
PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH: This article may be republished in ezines, newsletters, and on web sites provided attribution is provided to the author, and it appears with the included copyright, resource box and live web site link. Email notice of intent to publish is appreciated but not required. Mail to: email@example.com.
Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW, Management Consultant and Trainer, conducts seminars, lectures, and writes articles on his theme: "... helping you maximize your potential." He offers management and marketing resources at www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com">http://www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Internet Parent PresentationKULR-TVA presentation for parents with the Montana Internet Crimes Against Children was held Thursday night at the Family Tree Center. The event is a way to help parents become more aware of technology and how children are using it. Ofc. Earl Campbell with ...
Education group to host presentation at MahaiweBerkshire EagleEducation group to host presentation at Mahaiwe. Posted Friday, April 20, 2018 8:21 pm. GREAT BARRINGTON â€” The Southern Berkshire Educational Future, a working group focused on inter-district collaboration among southern Berkshire County school ...
FalconStor Software Hosts First Quarter 2018 Financial ...GlobeNewswire (press release)AUSTIN, Texas, April 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- After the close of market on Thursday, May 10, 2018 FalconStor Software, Inc. (OTCQB:FALC), will announce financial results for the first quarter 2018, which ended March 31, 2018. FalconStor will host a ...and more »
Holocaust Survivor PresentationCatholic CourierSunday, April 22, 2018. 2 p.m.. Author Marlies Adams Di Range, who wrote Queen of the Bremen, will be a guest speaker at the St. Francis-St.Clare Parish Center in Waterloo. Her talk will be based on her true-life experiences. Marlies was five years old ...
SNAPSHOT: Check presentationThe SaratogianFrom left to right, Lily (Girl Scout Troop No. 3415), GSNENY CEO Mary Buszuwski, NBT Bank Senior Vice President and GSNENY Board Member Patricia Garrow, NBT Bank Vice President Tim Robinson, Zoe (Girl Scout Troop No. 3415), and Ava (Girl Scout Troop No ...