Conducting Successful Training Activities
Whether you are training preschoolers in the classroom or executives in the board room, here are 15 premises you might want to keep in mind the next time you're designing training activities.
1. Everybody has the capacity to learn.
2. Everybody learns at his own pace.
3. The trainee learns only when he is ready and is motivated.
4. Training must, therefore, get the trainee ready and motivated by satisfying his needs.
5. Training must, therefore, begin at the trainee's level of comprehension.
6. Begin with the simple information and progress to the complex.
7. Use mutually familiar frames of reference.
8. Make the training meaningful by systematically organizing it.
9. Provide relevant and timely supporting materials in adequate quantities.
10. Watch for and avoid trainee boredom by using variety in your activities, materials, and speaking manner.
11. Provide trainees with feedback and reinforcement about their participation.
12. Provide ample time for repetition and practice.
13. Give trainees the opportunity to adapt the training to new and different situations.
14. Reassure the trainee and use his experiences.
15. Make the training practical by developing an agenda that's practical.
Follow these premises and you'll find that your activities will become increasingly successful.
Remember: When you maximize your potential, everyone wins. When you don't, we all lose.
© Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW
PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH: This article may be republished in ezines, newsletters, and on web sites provided attribution is provided to the author, and it appears with the included copyright, resource box and live web site link. Email notice of intent to publish is appreciated but not required. Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW, Management Consultant and Trainer, conducts seminars, lectures, and writes articles on his theme: "... helping you maximize your potential." He offers management and marketing resources at www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com">http://www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Stockton Heritage Museum to host Abraham Lincoln presentationFreeport Journal-StandardSTOCKTON â€” The Stockton Heritage Museum,107 W. Front Ave., will host Abraham Lincoln interpreter George Buss for a presentation at 2 p.m. July 8. Buss has made Lincoln presentations since 1986. For information: tinyurl.com/StocktonHeritageMuseum.
Historical presentation focuses on US Marines in WWIBismarck TribuneTo commemorate the 100-year anniversary to the end of the Battle of Belleau Woods during World War I, highlight stories of about 100 North Dakota Marines who served, and the 155 North Dakota Marines killed in action, the Dakota Leathernecks ...