Conducting Successful Training Activities
Whether you are training preschoolers in the classroom or executives in the board room, here are 15 premises you might want to keep in mind the next time you're designing training activities.
1. Everybody has the capacity to learn.
2. Everybody learns at his own pace.
3. The trainee learns only when he is ready and is motivated.
4. Training must, therefore, get the trainee ready and motivated by satisfying his needs.
5. Training must, therefore, begin at the trainee's level of comprehension.
6. Begin with the simple information and progress to the complex.
7. Use mutually familiar frames of reference.
8. Make the training meaningful by systematically organizing it.
9. Provide relevant and timely supporting materials in adequate quantities.
10. Watch for and avoid trainee boredom by using variety in your activities, materials, and speaking manner.
11. Provide trainees with feedback and reinforcement about their participation.
12. Provide ample time for repetition and practice.
13. Give trainees the opportunity to adapt the training to new and different situations.
14. Reassure the trainee and use his experiences.
15. Make the training practical by developing an agenda that's practical.
Follow these premises and you'll find that your activities will become increasingly successful.
Remember: When you maximize your potential, everyone wins. When you don't, we all lose.
© Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW
PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH: This article may be republished in ezines, newsletters, and on web sites provided attribution is provided to the author, and it appears with the included copyright, resource box and live web site link. Email notice of intent to publish is appreciated but not required. Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW, Management Consultant and Trainer, conducts seminars, lectures, and writes articles on his theme: "... helping you maximize your potential." He offers management and marketing resources at www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com">http://www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
How To Give The Best Virtual PresentationForbesWhat are some good tips for giving a memorable in-person or video presentation? originally appeared on Quora: the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world. Answer by David Berman, ...
GOGL - Q2 2018 PresentationNasdaqPlease find enclosed the presentation of Golden Ocean Group Limited's second quarter 2018 results for today's webcast / conference call at 15:00 CEST. This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5 -12 of the Norwegian ...
Museum to host downtown historic building survey presentationClay Center DispatchThe public is invited to a presentation on the downtown historical building survey by Dale Nimz on Thursday, Sept. 6, at 6:30 p.m. at the Clay County Museum. For more information call Lori Huber at 632-5974. Facebook · Twitter · Email; Print; Save ...