Sharpening Your Presentation Skills
Regardless of the nature of our job or social standing, sooner or later we will be called upon to make a presentation of one sort or the other. To sharpen your skills, whet your audience's appetite, and educate them, organize your presentation by keeping them in mind. To help you do just that, here are some tips to consider:
* Have an inviting opening. Greet your audience with a statement that conveys your genuine pleasure in seeing them and in being there.
* Summarize your main points. Inform your audience from the beginning about the structure of your presentation. When you do, they more likely will follow your presentation until its close. They will, consequently, be better able to follow each successive point as you develop it.
* Back your main points with examples, statistics, or facts. Caution: Be careful of overwhelming the audience by turning it into a scientific or technical presentation when presenting to a general audience.
* Design simple, yet convincing visuals that your audience can understand and interpret quickly.
* End with a strong conclusion that invites your audience to take immediate action or seek follow-up.
* Handle questions openly and honestly, admitting when you don't have an answer, but, at the same time, promising to get back to your audience, or the individual, when you do.
Follow these tips, and I guarantee that you will see progress in your presentation skills that will lead to successful outcomes.
Remember: When you maximize your potential, everyone wins. hen you don't, we all lose.
© Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW
PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH: This article may be republished in ezines, newsletters, and on web sites provided attribution is provided to the author, and it appears with the included copyright, resource box and live web site link. Email notice of intent to publish is appreciated but not required. Mail to: email@example.com.
Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW, Management Consultant and Trainer, conducts seminars, lectures, and writes articles on his theme: "... helping you maximize your potential." He offers management and marketing resources at www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com">http://www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com.
The jobs of the future Quartz
Which jobs will be around in the future is a critical question for every business professional, parent, and citizen. This presentation details key trends.
Quilt of Valor Presentation The Dallas New Era
August 13, 2019, the local Quilt of Valor Foundation presented Ray Cochran with a beautiful quilt for his *service* to our nation. Ms. Sharon Beauilieu, the Group ...
Presentation of the Q2 report Golden Casino News
Oslo, Norway (21 August 2019). A presentation will be held via webcast at 10 am CET, Wednesday 21stAugust 2019, followed by a Q&A session. Please follow ...
GOGL - Q2 2019 Presentation Yahoo Finance
Please find enclosed the presentation of Golden Ocean Group Limited's second quarter 2019 results for today's webcast / conference call at 15:00 CEST.