10 Profitable Tips for Creating Better Sales Presentations
No matter what your business is, you will enhance your level of success by developing a well-organized sales presentation. A good sales presentation involves two primary elements:
(1) The pre-planned sales talk.
(2) A carefully conceived and organized visual presentation that documents, confirms, supports, and strengthens the oral.
Your visual aid can take a variety of forms. It may be a multi-page flip-over type with elaborate charts and graphs, extensive artwork, color photos, and other attention getting devices. It may be a computer driven multi-media event or a simple on-line presentation from a laptop. Or, it can be a basic set of 8 1/2 X 11 loose-leaf pages that can be arranged to fit diverse selling situations.
Presentations, whether professionally designed or home made, are a vital component of your selling process. Why? Confucius put it this way: "In all things, success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure." First prepare. Then sell.
Here are ten tips for selling better with prepared presentations.
1. Plan Ahead. Advance preparation is nine-tenths of the sale. Be sure you are organized and equipped to talk, show, and sell. Know all you can about your prospect before you make the presentation. Tailor your products/services benefits to solve your prospects' problems and fill their needs and desires.
2. Make A Great First Impression. A clean uncluttered sales presentation, like an artist's creation, is a mirror-image of your character, personality, and attitude.
3. Be Clear. Be Logical. Be Brief. Don't be brief at the expense of being misunderstood. Clarity starts with you. Clear answers to your prospects overriding question... What can you do for me?...will lead to understanding and sales.
4. Maintain Control. Never sit between two buyers. Don't let the prospect read ahead or thumb through your visual aids until you're ready for him to. Ask the prospect to instruct his secretary to hold all calls during your presentation. (It takes guts to sell.)
5. Seek Change of Pace. Put bounce in your voice. Change pace, tempo, and volume. Ask lots of questions. Get verbal confirmation of agreement at each stage of the presentation.
6. Prepare For Interruptions. Don't be flustered or thrown off balance. Expect interruptions and use them to summarize key sales points.
7. Involve The Prospect. Give the prospect something to feel, handle, manipulate, examine. Let the prospect mentally take possession of your product or service.
8. Gauge Your Progress. Progress should be measured in terms of understanding. No understanding...no sale. The more the prospect agrees with you, the more progress you are making.
9. Give A Complete Sales Talk Every Time. Your presentation must perform four important functions:
(A) Win the prospects attention,
(B) hold his interest,
(C) persuade and convince him of the rightness of your proposition,
(D) prove that a buying decision is a logical step for him to take.
10. Seek A Buying Action...Expect To Close. A good presentation naturally leads to a buying decision. Make it easy for the customer to buy. If your prospect was properly qualified and your sales presentation on target, you will find the selling process goes quickly and easily.
© Copyright 2005 Thom Reece All Rights Reserved
Thom Reece is CEO of Online Marketing Resource Center [www.E-ComProfits.com">http://www.E-ComProfits.com] and publisher of "Thom Reece's Web Marketing Strategies & Techniques Newsletter". You may subscribe free at: www.WMSTDirect.com">http://www.WMSTDirect.com, mailto:email@example.com
How to design a TED-caliber presentation Greater Baton Rouge Business Report
Don't be overwhelmed by the public speaking engagement, follow these SUM guidelines to control the room with a TED-like presentation.
Portales to hold presentation easternnewmexiconews.com
PORTALES ‚ÄĒ The Portales City Council will hold a presentation and public hearing for the 2019-20 budget during its Tuesday meeting at the Memorial.
How to Make Your Sales Presentation Dance Printing Impressions
You are finally given the opportunity to make a sales presentation to that big fish account you've been coveting ever since you started in sales. Land this and you ...
Public History Presentation | Calendar Burnett County Sentinel
GRANTSBURG‚ÄĒ 6:30 p.m. The Grantsburg Area Historical Society invites you to attend their public history presentation. This month, Lauren Finch, the Natural ...
Explore Kansas murals presentation set - News Dodge City Daily Globe
As part of the Dodge City Days presentations, the Dodge City Public Library will host "If These Walls Could Talk: Kansas Murals" at 2 p.m. Wednesday, July 31.
Check presentation | News, Sports, Jobs The Steubenville Herald-Star
Baci Carpico, right, past state deputy of the Ohio Knights of Columbus and current member of the Ohio Charity Foundation, recently presented a check for $6660.
'Recovering the Recent Past' presentation set Kennebec Journal & Morning Sentinel
Belgrade Historical Society will host ‚ÄúRecovering the Recent Past,‚ÄĚ presented by David Leigh, at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 18, at the Lakes Alliance, formerly the ...
Invitation to Electrolux Q2 Presentation PRNewswire
STOCKHOLM, July 5, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Electrolux results for the second quarter of 2019 will be published on July 18, 2019, at approximately 08.00 CET. A..