10 Profitable Tips for Creating Better Sales Presentations
No matter what your business is, you will enhance your level of success by developing a well-organized sales presentation. A good sales presentation involves two primary elements:
(1) The pre-planned sales talk.
(2) A carefully conceived and organized visual presentation that documents, confirms, supports, and strengthens the oral.
Your visual aid can take a variety of forms. It may be a multi-page flip-over type with elaborate charts and graphs, extensive artwork, color photos, and other attention getting devices. It may be a computer driven multi-media event or a simple on-line presentation from a laptop. Or, it can be a basic set of 8 1/2 X 11 loose-leaf pages that can be arranged to fit diverse selling situations.
Presentations, whether professionally designed or home made, are a vital component of your selling process. Why? Confucius put it this way: "In all things, success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure." First prepare. Then sell.
Here are ten tips for selling better with prepared presentations.
1. Plan Ahead. Advance preparation is nine-tenths of the sale. Be sure you are organized and equipped to talk, show, and sell. Know all you can about your prospect before you make the presentation. Tailor your products/services benefits to solve your prospects' problems and fill their needs and desires.
2. Make A Great First Impression. A clean uncluttered sales presentation, like an artist's creation, is a mirror-image of your character, personality, and attitude.
3. Be Clear. Be Logical. Be Brief. Don't be brief at the expense of being misunderstood. Clarity starts with you. Clear answers to your prospects overriding question... What can you do for me?...will lead to understanding and sales.
4. Maintain Control. Never sit between two buyers. Don't let the prospect read ahead or thumb through your visual aids until you're ready for him to. Ask the prospect to instruct his secretary to hold all calls during your presentation. (It takes guts to sell.)
5. Seek Change of Pace. Put bounce in your voice. Change pace, tempo, and volume. Ask lots of questions. Get verbal confirmation of agreement at each stage of the presentation.
6. Prepare For Interruptions. Don't be flustered or thrown off balance. Expect interruptions and use them to summarize key sales points.
7. Involve The Prospect. Give the prospect something to feel, handle, manipulate, examine. Let the prospect mentally take possession of your product or service.
8. Gauge Your Progress. Progress should be measured in terms of understanding. No understanding...no sale. The more the prospect agrees with you, the more progress you are making.
9. Give A Complete Sales Talk Every Time. Your presentation must perform four important functions:
(A) Win the prospects attention,
(B) hold his interest,
(C) persuade and convince him of the rightness of your proposition,
(D) prove that a buying decision is a logical step for him to take.
10. Seek A Buying Action...Expect To Close. A good presentation naturally leads to a buying decision. Make it easy for the customer to buy. If your prospect was properly qualified and your sales presentation on target, you will find the selling process goes quickly and easily.
© Copyright 2005 Thom Reece All Rights Reserved
Thom Reece is CEO of Online Marketing Resource Center [www.E-ComProfits.com">http://www.E-ComProfits.com] and publisher of "Thom Reece's Web Marketing Strategies & Techniques Newsletter". You may subscribe free at: www.WMSTDirect.com">http://www.WMSTDirect.com, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Did You Blow that Presentation?Comstock's MagazineYou try your best and prepare your hardest for a big presentation, but something goes awry. Nothing deflates your self-esteem faster than a missed opportunity. Disappointing as it may it be, remember everyone has off days â€” look at Adele during the ...
Cavaliers Trophy PresentationNBA.comCavaliers Trophy Presentation. Watch the trophy ceremony and interviews with Kyrie Irving and LeBron James as the Cavaliers beat the Celtics 4-1 in the Eastern Conference Finals. Playoffs 2017: East Finals -- Celtics (1) vs. Cavaliers (2). 6:03. Watch ...Cleveland Cavaliers Basketball News, Schedule, Roster, Stats - SB NationSB NationBoston Celtics Basketball News, Schedule, Roster, Stats - SB NationSB NationGolden State Warriors Basketball News, Schedule, Roster, Stats - SB NationSB Nationall 3,637 news articles »
Budget committee hears electronic poll book presentationCitizentribunePrior to the presentation, Hamblen County Mayor Bill Brittain said he will prepare debt and refinancing options for the committee to review at its next budget meeting on Tuesday, May 30. Brittain said he is also working to prepare a second draft of the ...
Inside Higher Ed (blog)
This is a (Presentation) RecordingInside Higher Ed (blog)One thing we haven't really touched on is the benefits of recording your presentations and watching the recording afterwards. There are different contexts in which you might record yourself. For example, you might record a conference presentation or a ...
Benton Co. to Show Presentation Dealing with Online DangersKNWABENTON COUNTY, Ark.- - The Benton County Sheriff's Office Cybercrimes Division will host a "Parents Night Out" event to show a presentation dealing with online dangers. The presentation will show parents the dangers children face online and how to ...
Toy Library Presentation To Be Held At Sandwich LibraryCapeNews.netThe presentation next week is one of several that Ms. Willsea will be giving in hopes of promoting the concept and gathering support. â€œWe're looking for appropriate space to serve as our headquarters and central hub location, as well as for volunteers ...