What Every Manager Should Know About How to Sharpen His Presentation Skills
Regardless of the nature of our job or social standing, sooner or later we will be called upon to make a presentation of one sort or the other. To sharpen your skills, whet your audience's appetite, and educate them, here is the key to your success: organize your presentation by keeping them in mind.
To help you do just that, here are some tips to consider:
* Have an inviting opening. Greet your audience with a statement that conveys your genuine pleasure in seeing them and in being there.
* Summarize your main points. Inform your audience from the beginning about the structure of your presentation. When you do, they more likely will follow your presentation until its close. They will, consequently, be better able to follow each successive point as you develop it.
* Back your main points with examples, statistics, or facts. Caution: Be careful of overwhelming the audience by turning it into a scientific or technical presentation when presenting to a general audience.
* Design simple, yet convincing visuals that your audience can understand and interpret quickly.
* End with a strong conclusion that invites your audience to take immediate action or seek follow-up.
* Handle questions openly and honestly, admitting when you don't have an answer, but, at the same time, promising to get back to your audience, or the individual, when you do.
Follow these tips, and I guarantee that you will see progress in your presentation skills that will lead to successful outcomes.
Remember: When you maximize your potential, everyone wins. hen you don't, we all lose.
© Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW
Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW, Management Consultant and Trainer, conducts seminars, lectures, and writes articles on his theme: "... helping you maximize your potential." He offers management, marketing, and parenting resources at < b>Maximizing Your Potential blog.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
How To Give The Best Virtual PresentationForbesWhat are some good tips for giving a memorable in-person or video presentation? originally appeared on Quora: the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world. Answer by David Berman, ...
GOGL - Q2 2018 PresentationNasdaqPlease find enclosed the presentation of Golden Ocean Group Limited's second quarter 2018 results for today's webcast / conference call at 15:00 CEST. This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5 -12 of the Norwegian ...
Museum to host downtown historic building survey presentationClay Center DispatchThe public is invited to a presentation on the downtown historical building survey by Dale Nimz on Thursday, Sept. 6, at 6:30 p.m. at the Clay County Museum. For more information call Lori Huber at 632-5974. Facebook · Twitter · Email; Print; Save ...