5 Breakthrough Marketing Ideas
Do you ever get frustrated with your marketing? Are you putting in a lot of effort but not getting the results you want? Don't you wish you could just hit a switch and get a better response from your mailings, sales calls and web site?
You hear a lot about breakthroughs; is it all hype, or can you really create a breakthrough in your marketing and sales? I know that you can.
I spent last weekend skiing in Vermont with my spouse, nephew and his finance Sonia. We were all having a great time on the slopes, except Sonia. Sonia doesn't have as much experience as the rest of us and was struggling to keep up. Her problem wasn't one of effort. She was working much harder than the rest of us, fighting each turn and slowing her progress down the hill. In a few minutes, I showed her how to tip her skis to make easy, graceful S shaped turns that took advantage of the new shaped skis. After making a run or two, she was skiing twice as fast with less effort, and having more fun.
You too can experience a breakthrough in your skiing, golf swing or in your marketing. If you are like most business owners, you advertise, send out mailings, make sales calls and have a web site. This is what you do to market your business; the way you do these things will make the difference between success and failure.
What would constitute a breakthrough in your business? Like Sonia, you may be inadvertently working harder than you need to be to get the results you want. With a few changes to your marketing strategy and techniques you could be getting a lot more attention, generating more qualified leads and converting more prospects to clients and having more fun.
Here are five ideas to get your marketing headed for a breakthrough:
1. Focus on your target markets' primary concerns in your sales calls, your brochure, your ads and on your web pages. Your prospects' problems and wants brought you together; use this to keep prospects' attention.
2. Use questions to get the conversation going. Whether you're on the telephone, writing web page copy or writing an ad, ask your prospects questions to get them thinking about what they want and how you can help them.
3. Give something away that your prospects need. The more helpful information you give away to prospects, the more business you'll receive in return. Give away ideas they can use and help them understand when and how to use your products and services.
4. Build a mailing list of people who want more of your ideas and information. Use the list regularly to stay in touch and you'll increase your credibility the perceived value of your goods and services, and your sales.
Other Breakthrough Ideas
- When people are at the point of purchase, prompt them to buy additional products and you can double your revenue.
- Call people who have bought your products after a couple of weeks to get feedback. There is a good chance they'll be interested in buying additional products or services.
Whether you want to become an expert at marketing, skiing or cooking, the key is to let go of methods that aren't working for you, and learn and apply the techniques used by the experts. Nine times out of ten, the problem is in getting the basics right. You can achieve a breakthrough in sales when you understand and apply these proven marketing principles and techniques.
The author, Charlie Cook, helps service professionals and small business owners attract more clients and be more successful. Sign up for the Free Marketing Plan eBook, '7 Steps to get more clients and grow your business' at www.marketingforsuccess.com">http://www.marketingforsuccess.com
MLK check presentation.jpg Wilkes Journal Patriot
MEN IN CHRIST DONATION—Kenneth Turner, left, presents a check from the Men In Christ to Wilkes Superintendent of Schools Mark Byrd Monday morning ...
Presentation Jamestown Sun
Katie Mittleider, right, representing United Way of Stutsman County, presents a laptop to Isabella Sandstrom Jan. 7 at Jamestown Regional Medical Center.
Dementia presentation at the Complex Aylmer Express
Alzheimer Society of Elgin-St. Thomas Public Education Coordinator Maggie Scanlon, back left, was the guest speaker at East Elgin Community Complex's ...
Confusion over Lagos budget presentation Daily Trust
There was confusion yesterday at the Lagos State House of Assembly as journalists who had gathered to report the official presentation of the 2019 budget ...
Highlights from Kroger CEO's presentation Seeking Alpha
Kroger ([[KR]] +0.8%) CEO Rodney McMullen updated on his outlook for the future of retail at a National Retail Conference. McMullen thinks retail will be d.
Kevin-Prince Boateng presented by Barcelona Ghanasoccernet.com
Ghana star Kevin-Prince Boateng has officially been presented as FC Barcelona player. The 31-year-old completed the shock transfer from Sassuolo to the ...
Presentation on ‘Heart Health’ Oroville Mercury Register
The Golden Feather Seventh-day Adventist Church will host a free video presentation on “Heart Health,” featuring Barbara O'Neill, starting at 3:30 p.m. Sunday ...