Tips to Energize Your Presentations
"There can be no knowledge without emotion. We may be aware of a truth, yet until we have felt its force, it is not ours. To the cognition of the brain must be added the experience of the soul."
- Arnold Bennett (1867-1931)
Ask yourself, "What is the audience feeling?" and "How would I like him/her to feel?" You need to be aware of:
How frequently you use positive emotional words.
How you moderate the use of negative emotional words.
Here are some ways that you can help your audience interact with each other.
- Room set-up. Be sure people face each other so they can talk to each other. Use round tables, rather than theatre or classroom style.
- Don't permit cliques. Get your participants to sit with new people. Be innovative in your approach to seat people differently. Some examples: Use a colorful post it, group by hair color, or place cards.
- Use icebreakers. You can ask your audience to say a word that describes their week. Give them something else to talk about other than business when the meeting breaks.
- Setup small groups or dyads to discuss issues. This technique will get your participants to brainstorm with their partner or group.
Coaching point: Forced interaction engages people. What can be more fun?
Register for a free teleclass on "How To Be a Better Public Speaker Immediately"; Thursday, August 26, 2004 from 7-8 p.m. EST. Register by sending an email to: email@example.com.
Publishing Guidelines: You are welcome to publish this article in its entirety, electronically, or in print fre*e of charge, as long as you include my full signature file for ezines, and my Web site address(www.schrift.com" target="_new">http://www.schrift.com) in hyperlink for other sites. Please send a courtesy link or email where you publish to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
COPYRIGHT: ©2004 by Sandra Schrift. All rights reserved
Article URL: www.schrift.com/article_37.htm" target="_new">http://www.schrift.com/article_37.htm
Article Autoresponder: email@example.com
About The Author
Sandra Schrift 13 year speaker bureau owner and now career coach to emerging and veteran public speakers who want to "grow" a profitable speaking business. I also work with business professionals and organizations who want to master their presentations.
Get more speaking skills at our "Summer Sizzle" webpage: www.schrift.com/summer_sizzle.htm" target="_new">http://www.schrift.com/summer_sizzle.htm
Join my free bi-weekly Monday Morning Mindfulness ezine www.schrift.com/monday.htm" target="_new">http://www.schrift.com/monday.htm
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Presentation&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable
in /var/www/sidrac.com/eitforum.com/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input